Our client are a specialist provider of heavy haulage services to a variety of customers in the construction and engineering sectors.
We are recruiting a HGV Mechanic to join their fleet maintenance team working on a variety of Trucks and Trailers in their fleet.
We are looking for an experienced HGV Mechanic/ Diesel Fitter, preferably with a relevant Level 3 qualification (Heavy Vehicle or Plant)
If you are flexible to travel mobile on sites when required, the role would come with Van supplied, however there is also the opportunity to be workshop based.
Due to the nature of Trailer systems in the fleet, it would be beneficial to have some experience on hydraulic systems or plant machinery, but this isn't essential.
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs on Trucks & Trailers
- PSV checks, safety inspections and fault finding
- Attend breakdowns when required
- Maintenance on trailers such as low loaders, drum brakes, hydraulics, donkey engines
- On site work for larger projects when required
What we are looking for
- Relevant Level 3 qualification (HGV/ Plant / Agri)
- Mechanical experience on HGV's & Trailers
- Organised and pro-active approach to your work
- Preferably some experience with hydraulics
- Full driving license
Competitive pay rates on offer for the successful candidate