My client based in the Rainford, St Helens area are a market leader in the manufacturing industry. They are looking for a Cast Operative to start immediately
- Follow and review all Work Instructions / SOPs associated with the Cast and finishing area
- Collect Batch tickets for items requiring production
- Ensure Plaster Moulds are set up and lubricated in correct manner to achieve good product first time
- Cast and Finish items to the required quality standard ensuring any non-conformances are communicated to the relevant departments and resolved
- Record times onto work premium for recording into SAP
- Involvement in establishing the root causes of quality failures and, as appropriate, recommendations to be given on the corrective and preventative actions required.
- Work flexibly between departments moving between roles when requested and training allows
- Support the site to ensure delivery dates can be achieved in line with production capacity
- Maintain equipment and work areas to the highest standards including housekeeping and fault reporting.
- Share workload and support others within your team and have a flexible approach
- Contribute to team activities and KPIs to ensure continuous business improvement.
- Proactively make suggestions and recommendations to improve the role and its contribution to the business.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (Health, Safety, Environment, quality and HR).
- Undertake other reasonable duties or jobs within the needs of the business.
- Comply with clients requirements for Safety, Health and the Environment.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Manufacturing is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Good product and process knowledge is required in order to undertake the duties of the job.
- Able to demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly as the plant operation requires.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also work independently.
- Proven ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
Temp ongoing role
Monday to Thursday (07:00am-16:10pm) Early finish Friday (07:00am-12:00pm)
paid at £9.00 per hour, any hours worked outside the above hours is at time & third rate £11.97 per hour, overtime Saturday rate is at time & half rate £13.50 per hour and Sunday rate is at double time rate £18.00 per hour
39 hours paid weekly
Please apply with your CV attached