Manpower are recruiting a Health and Safety Support Officer to work for our valued public sector client.
You will be professionally and technically responsible for the provision of health & safety support, specifically regards to the management of contractor activity and compliance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in managing and developing the contractor vetting and approval procedures.
- Provide contractor induction sessions and assist in managing / updating the training package.
- Schedule, plan and undertake contractor monitoring at sites at predetermined frequencies and as necessary.
- Challenge and / or stop contractor activity which breaches procedures or provokes safety concerns and feedback this information to the appropriate department or site contact.
- Attend preconstruction meetings, as and when required, and assist with document review (RAMS and the like) to ascertain that they remain suitable and sufficient.
- Liaise with the Estates Health Safety and Asbestos Manager to ensure that all records relating to contractor management are kept up to date and are entered into the appropriate recording system.
- Assist with facilitation of contractor management and safety awareness training for both UHB employees and others to ensure compliance with our requirements.
- Ensure a high quality of work is delivered and safety standards are met within area of responsibility.
- Prepare reports of operational safety performances and compliance achievements.
- Assist in identifying and carrying out health and safety and / or compliance training needs for staff and contractors where appropriate and maintain records.
- Assist with the development and completion of risk assessments and production of safe working practices / compliance procedures.
- Provide professional & technical advice to ensure that a high level of safety is maintained and that all statutory/regulatory responsibilities are identified and met.
- Assist in the delivery of asbestos and legionella protocols.
- Health and Safety and or contractor management operational experience
- Evidence of attendance of specialist courses e.g. NEBOSH certificate
- Evidence of CPD
- Understanding of Health and Safety/Asbestos Policy and Procedures.
- A high degree of H & S knowledge e.g. Legislative Changes, Statutory Standards, legal requirements, Health and Safety Law.
- Must be able to travel between sites
- A high level of understanding of statutory compliance issues, current health and safety legislation and mandatory requirements.
- Must have significant experience at an operational level in a health and safety role.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Excellent IT skills
- Good leadership skills
This is a temporary position for 6 months
The hourly rate is £14.33 rising to £16.04 after 12 weeks.
We are looking for someone to start within one week. If you would like more information please call the office.