We are looking to recruit a Press Setter or Press Brake operative to work in a busy building materials supplier based in Horsham. Our client is well established in the industry and has been trading for over 40 years, and now is a great opportunity for you to join this every growing company.
The main purpose of this position is to press/form components from flat sheets of metal using a press brake. The main responsibilities in this position will be to ensure that the presses and any other related equipment are set in a safe and reliable way whilst maintaining optimum production levels.
Working to daily / weekly schedules to ensure that presses are being used in the most efficient manner to meet the required targets. You will also be responsible for the day to day use, serviceability, and safe operation of your equipment at all time. Ensuring you are always striving to efficiently produce high quality building products that are ready for market this role is key to the success of this position.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills:
- Strong understanding technical plans and drawings
- Understanding of measuring devices
- Professional and responsible attitude
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Understanding numerical and mathematical calculations and data
- Focusing on creating a finished product
- Have good attention to detail
- Operates safely and adheres to health and safety procedures
Your daily duties will include:
- Report to line managers to find and understand daily targets
- Manage/ensure daily production outputs are met, in agreement with Fabrication Manager
- Responsible for ensuring all maintenance and safety checks are completed in line with H&S requirements
- Ensure working area is kept clean and tidy
- Perform regular tooling and machine maintenance in line with maintenance plan
- Run machine to approved procedures
- Keep quality checks up to date
- Commitment to exceeding targets and deadlines whilst achieving high quality
- Actively take part in improvements for the area
- Monitor operation and detect possible defects and adjust out of tolerance machines.
- Ensure all paperwork records are completed as per the system in a timely and compliant manner
- Any other duties as required by the Fabrications Manager
- Evaluate finished products and perform quality checks on products.
This role is a full-time position, working from Monday to Friday with some overtime is available. The client is based in Horsham and has good links to public transport (Rail and Bus routes) and has free car parking nearby.