An excellent opportunity for an experienced Training Coordinator has arisen within our Inside Sales Infrastructure team. The role will initially be remote and then based at one of our client sites in Erskine.
Working across a number of contracts, you will support the Learning and Development Manager in proactively identifying training needs, coordinating training and development programs and delivering training solutions across the Inside Sales Operation.
The key focus of the role will be on ownership of new hire Induction/ Onboarding, systems & tools training support, driving utilisation of digital learning, and supporting team coaching plans where required. You will ensure that the service delivery meets client's requirements and demonstrates value add to the intervention undertaken.
- Planning, facilitating and delivering new hire Onboarding plans across multi business units which provides a warm welcome into the business and supports speed to competency
- Coordination of training, liaising with operation teams and managers to ensure training is meaningful and supports both the business and employee's development
- Communicating training materials and digital learnings, maintaining training trackers and updating evaluation records
- Supporting TNA and keeping up to date with client training methods to support employee development and drive continual improvement
- Develop strong relationships with client SME's and technical experts to ensure training supports business requirements
- Deliver systems, tools & new process training as per individual client requirements
There will also be a mentoring function within the role - whilst you may not be a technical specialist, you will know who to turn to access support and offer non-technical mentoring / coaching support.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of coaching / mentoring and training teams as well as developing and delivering learning materials. Experience of eLearning and virtual classroom environments would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, confident, and self-motivated individual with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others whilst delivering an efficient and high-quality service. Excellent organisation, communication and people skills are critical for this role as you will work across multiple teams with different requirements.
Salary is £23,000 - £26,000 depending on experience.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th May.