An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Senior Cloud Solution Architect working from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Once lifted it will be 3 days in Port Sunlight, Wirral, full-time temporary role for 6 months, paying £550 per day Inside IR35
Overview: The company need a medium-term resource to accommodate an increased cloud migration workload driven by a multi-million dollar investment in cloud hosting technology. The successful candidate will play an essential role in delivering this journey and achieving a successful outcome.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- The company has a Cloud Only strategy that puts its business at the forefront of cloud innovation and hosting. To deliver this strategy the company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cloud Solution Architect who will play a critical role in establishing how it consumes cloud services.
- Working with our technology teams and partners the Senior Cloud Solution Architect will lead the creation and governance of technical hosting solutions across a number of key business areas such as Research and Development, Consumer IT and Customer Development. Helping them to achieve agile, cost effective and functional hosting solutions that meet their IT requirements.
- The Senior Cloud Solution Architect is a key partner for the Business Platforms providing leading edge consultancy to these functions allowing them to leverage this skill to ensure fast and accurate decision making.
- The role will support the analysis of customer hosting demand and map this to the optimal technology choices that will enable the company to win in the market. This will require leading the identification and first mile adoption of established best of breed and emerging hosting technologies.
- Aligned to efficient investment in IT infrastructure the Architect will ensure that cost accountability and efficient spend is incorporated into the Solution design process identifying enhancement areas or where more efficient hosting opportunities could be leveraged.
- The Senior Cloud Solution Architect will partner with Enterprise and Application Architects early in the project funnel to determine the correct hosting solution and will lead the creation of the High Level and Low Level Infrastructure Solution Designs. This will include the effective alignment of hosting requirements to existing patterns and the delegation of Low Level Designs to Design Factory resources who will complete the detailed design work.
- This role is a key decision maker and will have authority over the correctness of hosting solutions implemented in the company acting as either an individual authority or as part of the design governance board.
- You must have a broad knowledge of the cloud hosting technologies and a clear understanding the end to end solution design and delivery process.
JOB SUMMARY: Roles & responsibilities:
- Solution Creation. Drive the Azure and Google cloud solution creation process in company. Be a leader who is always looking to deliver on functionality, efficiency and performance of the required solutions.
- Execution. Produce high quality architectural artefacts (High Level Designs & Costings) and support the executing projects design requirements throughout the design phase.
- Standardisation. Apply standard frameworks i.e. ITIL & TOGAF, Company internal IT frameworks. Also identify an impalement opportunities to drive simplification and repeatability into the solutioning process.
- Evangelism. Openly share the benefits of cloud service to the business and drive digital adoption across assigned customer groups.
- Strategic Direction. Enable Company's Cloud Only strategy through the effective use of cloud technology and challenging traditional hosting paradigms.
- Networking. Build a highly effective and influential network of contacts both within company technology teams and industry leaders such as Azure and Google that drives personal and team performance.
KEY REQUIREMENTS Essential:
- 2 year plus of hands on experience designing large and complex hosting solutions at both high-level and detailed level within Azure and / or Google Cloud Platform is a must.
- Maintains an excellent understanding of the cloud service provider offerings in Google Cloud Platform and / or Azure.
- 6-10+ years of success in consultative / complex technology role that demonstrates cloud hosting solutions delivery, architecture and design.
- You should have experience of delivering new cloud solutions, gathering and managing customer requirements, understanding future technologies and making appropriate value driven decisions supporting hosting platform / technology selection.
- Clear examples of technology skills that support Infosec, cloud Infrastructure as a Service, cloud Platform as a Service, cloud networking. High availability, disaster recovery and solution sizing
- Possess knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multitenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Evidence of delivering of complex architecture or design documentation (High Level and Low-Level Designs)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes