Product Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £35K DOE.
Start Date: ASAP.
Hours: 40 hours. Normal working hours for first 6 months. After 6 months shift work may be required but only Monday-Friday.
Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays.
Benefits: Pension, life Insurance and other benefits.
About the Company
My client is one of the UK's main provider of security solutions. This client protects everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security Government facilities.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the remote commissioning of sites in conjunction with the site-based installation teams. You will Provide technical support and diagnostics to engineers in the UK with a view to resolving as many system faults remotely as possible. You will provision the remote PPM activities on intruder alarm systems and collate results.
- To provide system programming and commissioning services, in line with pre-planned roll out plans across Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Alarm & Intercom to the site-based installation team acting on information provided by the installation teams.
- To provide live support to the installation/commissioning teams to carry out all necessary testing in order to ensure a system is fully functioning and compliant.
- To provide appropriate and precise telephone and remote system responses to site based technical issues and resolve as many system problems as possible without the need to send an engineer to the site.
- Record the results of all remote pre-planned preventative maintenance activities using a range of remote-control software across multiple disciplines.
- To provide a technical support service to the Customer Service Team when they encounter issues on-boarding new customer Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Alarm and Intercom.
- Knowledge of electronics, access control systems, Intruder alarms and CCTV.
- Experience in the installation and commissioning of fire and security systems.
- Intermediate IT skills including familiarity with MS Office.
- Experience of phone and remote diagnostics/PPM service.
- Customer focused with the ability to communicate technical information effectively.
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and BS7858 checks. This is a thorough vetting phase and offer will only be made when passed.
Offer of up to £150 Voucher Referral Scheme - Tag your friends & colleagues.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.