About the role
Defence Systems Technology (DST) is transforming and we need you to support drive for growth, and to support and lead our teams through exciting, but sometimes challenging situations. You'll play a role in growing our contracts and building strong customer relationships, implementing our ambitious strategy.
You will be responsible for receipting and quality assurance activities, in addition to technical activities at our Receipt and Screening Facility in Donnington. Electrical/ electronic testing, selection of specifications, fault diagnosis, interpretation of test results, and test equipment suitability.
Operating within the facility, the role is to undertake electrical and electronic screening activities including:
* Check assets in against delivery notes for accuracy and damages.
* Conduct physical and technical screening of received assets to identify the operational status, Identify if there is a fault (or no fault found), and decide which repair facility the asset needs directing to.
* Test interfaces and automated control software.
* Perform diagnostic checks, identification and annotation of faults on defective units (analogue, digital, RF assemblies).
* Pack and label assets for dispatch.
* Report technical problems encountered during screening process.
* Create, input and exchange data for analysis to determine root causes and identify shortcomings and improvements.
* Performing tasks from concept through to implementation to defined safety standards, cost, programme and quality.
* Experienced in electrical/ electronic fault diagnosis and repair to component level.
* Work as part of a Multi-disciplined team.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of tools including SharePoint, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Skills and attributes
* A self-motivator with organisational skills.
* Strong team player
* Be driven to complete tasks to the benefit of the project for time, cost and quality.
* A flexible approach and adapt quickly to work flow change in order to meet equipment availability targets.
* Able to fault find and recommend repair requirements
* Good attention to detail, meticulous and systematic
* Ability to assess risk
* Good communication skills both verbally and written
* Form good working relationships with both other employees and clients
Education and qualifications
* HND/HNC in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering or Equivalent Practical Experience
* Professional accreditation with an industry related body would be advantageous
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit.
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
A number of employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within Babcock, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training. We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs. Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.