Manpower is recruiting for a Plant Fitter/ Mechanic on behalf of our client who provide piling and foundation services to the construction industry.
We are recruiting a Plant Fitter who will carry out maintenance and repairs to a fleet of plant machinery, mostly working on Piling Rigs but also other plant machinery such as forklifts and excavators.
Based in the Portadown/ Armagh area with some travel across sites
We are looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic or Plant Fitter with proven knowledge of construction plant machinery, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
As part of the maintenance team you will ensure machine downtime is kept to a minimum and equipment runs safely and effectively.
- Service, maintenance and repairs to piling rigs and other plant machinery
- Diagnose faults accurately and take corrective action
- Strip and test engines, transmissions and hydraulic systems
- Refurb and rebuilds of piling rigs
- Routine maintenance and inspections
- Repairs to machine electrical systems
What we are looking for
- Level 3 in Plant Maintenance, Heavy Vehicle Repair (or similar)
- Proven experience working across plant machinery, preferably in heavy plant
- Diesel engine mechanical experience
- Good diagnostic and fault-finding ability
- Full driving license
The role will be a combination of workshop and some travel on various sites which could be across the UK and Ireland
Strong rates of pay on offer