My client based in Warrington are looking for an experienced Materials Planner to join the growing team.
We are seeking an ambitious individual to join the Metal Planning and Sourcing team. The Materials Planner works with the plant planning teams to co-ordinate production. The role will schedule the flow of metal throughout the Plant and will be accountable to effectively sequence production while maintaining inventory buffer strategies. The position requires close collaboration with the Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams.
Responsibilities would include:
- Confirming metal ahead of/flowing into operating units
- Build unit production schedule
- Release unit production schedule to shift operation unit
- Manage production line scheduling and sequencing
- Coordinate finished goods schedule with logistics team
- Inventory planning & management
- Operating & improving buying and stock control systems
- Communicating with suppliers, including the scheduling of deliveries and reporting issues etc.
- Booking transport and assisting with load planning
- Insuring continuous stock replenishment whilst optimising on-site inventory
- Setting up intake schedules, writing Stock and Systems Procedures
- Raw material intake/consumption monitoring and reporting
- General departmental administration duties
- Experience with SAP is essential
The ideal candidate will have a business degree or similar qualification/equivalent experience, with excellent analytic, planning and organisational skills. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with an affinity with required customer quality standards. The candidate must be computer literate with good ability in Microsoft desktop applications software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This role requires some flexibility to accustom to customer daily orders.
This role is for a minimum of 6 months.
Salary dependant upon experience.
Please apply with your CV attached if you are interested in this role