An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customer Business Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for 9-12 months, working a 36.25 hour week, to start in June 2021. This role is paying between £65-£72k pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Build and maintain strong senior level relationships:
- Develop strong relationships with both internal (e.g. CCBT Leads) & external customers (e.g.
Senior Buyers, Category Directors and broader Tesco's Contacts)
- Work with the CAMs and Customer Service Team to ensure significant customer service issues are resolved efficiently.
- Own the Client's relationship on all categories - be the face of us
Lead customer strategy development and major customer and category initiatives:
- Lead the development and delivery of the customer strategic business plan for relevant categories , and the joint customer business plan, working closely with Category Managers, Shopper Marketing and CCBT's
- Lead the development and deployment of category strategy and insight with Tesco's alongside the respective CCBT and Shopper & Category teams
- Resolve Customer / Category trade off's within their area
- With Customer Marketing Managers, lead key in-store activation events
- Lead range and merchandising reviews (where appropriate)
- Deliver key Category Team initiatives at Customer e.g. Price Increases, Brand Activation, NPD etc
- Lead the development of a range of premium product and brand propositions that are right for the Tescos shopper and distinctive for Tesco's
Be accountable for financial performance of categories within area of responsibility:
- Deliver Turnover, Customer Profitability and Business Building Terms budgets for allocated super categories within customer.
- Own the short term volume and spend forecast aligned to S&OP process for their allocated super categories
- Discuss and agree Gap Filling initiatives with Category Team
- Lead and develop our Growth Strategy with Tesco's to win share whilst delivering profitability objectives and maintaining Tesco's position as a GM accretive customer
- Be able to handle a total business CBM role
Line manage and develop Customer Account Managers:
- Manage the performance of CAMs within their responsibility
- Provide on-the-job coaching and guidance
- Facilitate training and development opportunities
- Promote the adoption of best practice and consistent processes/standards by CAM's under their responsibility
- Lead for Tesco's knowledge and capability within the company as a whole
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Customer management & selling essentials - ideally previous experience of performing a CAM role
- Experience of leveraging big customer relationships
- Consistent delivery of high quality results in difficult trading/customer environments
- Category Management and Customer Marketing experience
- Experience of managing and developing others