Work as part of the Thame facility Maintenance team to carry out, routine inspections, scheduled repairs, breakdown investigation and repair to buildings, offices, industrial machines and work equipment.
Adhere to Company Health & Safety Policies, Procedures and Safe Working Practices. Including the completion of risk assessments and the use of and issuing of work permits where required.
- To carry out equipment breakdowns effectively & efficiently. Fault finding, diagnostics and repair of production equipment.
- To plan and carry out planned preventative maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with a target of zero unplanned downtime.
- To work closely with Facilities and Operations Managers to increase availability and effectiveness.
- Assist with the management of external building / service maintenance contracts (PAT testing, fire alarms, compressor etc.)
- Ensure that programmed work is completed on time to the satisfaction of business requirements.
- To ensure any concerns which may affect operational objectives is communicated to Facilities / Operations Managers in a timely effective manner.
- Effective / economical control of critical spares for all key processes. Specify and requisition own parts.
- Develop / Document training materials to facilitate transfer of skills & knowledge.
- Assist in the introduction / commissioning of equipment. Including the movement / repositioning of plant and equipment.
- Any other reasonable task required by the company.
- Working knowledge of electrical single and 3 phase, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and diagrams.
- Competent in electrical and electronic fault finding, repair and installation and test.
- Working knowledge of chilled water systems.
- Ability and willingness to train and mentor to achieve maximum performance.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Development of CMMS systems.
- Apprentice Trained
- Experience of injection moulding machines & ancillary equipment, Power presses.
- Tool room skills.
- Full UK driving license.
- IPAF 3a and 3b license.
- Counterbalance FLT 3.0 tonne.
- Knowledge of PLC controllers and programming.
- Knowledge of thermal imaging including data analysis and reporting.
- 18th Edition Electrician.
- City & Guilds 2391-52.
- GCSE English & Maths.
- BTEC Higher National certificate / Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Trained risk assessor.
- SEMA Racking Inspection.
- BTEC Higher National Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering