My Client is a leader in roofing bituminous product manufacture, & they are adding to their Quality Team& have a new, open position for a Quality Control Technician.
BSc or Diploma in the Sciences
I am looking for applications from experienced Lab/Quality Technicians to work in a small & dynamic Team, reporting to the Quality Manager & supporting the R & D Chemist & Quality Technician in the development & continuous improvement of their products. You will hold a proven track record in Quality Control raw material, intermediate and final product testing, lab experience & written procedures/process documents creation.
Essential qualities in the successful Candidate:
- Proven track record in a Quality Control function
- A strong understanding on ISO9001:2015
- Internal Auditor - desirable
- Understanding of quality control testing in a laboratory environment and industry standards
- Knowledge of analytical techniques, ideally in the areas of Bituminous analysis and / or polymers
- Knowledge of root cause analysis
- Knowledge of QC documentation, such as SOP's and test methods
- Experience of investigation tools, root cause analysis, fact gathering etc
- Good laboratory skills
- A methodical approach to the job
- Understanding of product and uses
- Experience in laboratory procedures and testing regimes
- Understanding of quality demands
- Coordinate equipment resources
Some Key Responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of QC laboratory tests, instruments and systems
- Creation & understanding QC documentation, such as SOP's and test methods
- Experience of quality standards and their compliance
- Assist in R&D projects
- Requirement to coordinate with other groups within the company including Production and QA, liaising on a regular and adhoc basis.
- Compliance of laboratory procedures, quality standards and H&S guidelines
- Troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation
- Knowledge & experience of achieving & maintaining ISO9001:2015 system
- Organise and carry out delegated laboratory work to agreed quality plans and schedules, including testing both manufactured and bought in products and materials
- To support Manufacturing/Accounts Dept in analysis/investigation of BOM/Yield variance
- Maintain records of data as prescribed in laboratory procedures and as operational/quality requirements dictate
- Monitor and test production trials
- Assist in the maintenance of product specifications
- Generate reports and data to present to management
- Assist in the maintenance of CE mark test requirements
- Assist in the maintenance of laboratory equipment and calibration
- Assist Manager dealing with external ISO standards and certification
- Be a member of the ISO audit team
Does this sound like your next challenge?
I look forward to receiving your CV & application.