Job Title: Senior Commercial Business Partner
Location: Warrington or Bristol
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we're looking to recruit to join our growing commercial team as a Senior Commercial Business Partner. The role will be dedicated to the New Build and Advanced Nuclear Technology business unit which is an exciting growth area for the Cavendish Nuclear business.
The New Build and Advanced Nuclear Technology business already has substantial contracts in support of the MEH Alliance and Commissioning Alliance to construct the Hinkley Point C Power Station; as well as contracts to develop and manufacture an demonstrator Advanced Modular Reactor, U-Battery.
The business unit has ambitious growth plans, with numerous AMR and SMR opportunities and this is an exciting time to join this dynamic and fast developing Clean Energy sector.
This will require you to build relationships with new and existing customers and stakeholders as well as developing teaming arrangements with partners and negotiation of complex/bespoke commercial arrangements.
You will work alongside the Commercial Director and Business Unit Director to develop and drive the commercial strategy and agenda to substantially grow the Business Unit focused on short, medium and long term strategic growth; business and business unit targets, and commercial awareness and capability requirements. As an experienced Commercial professional, you will provide commercial expertise and guidance to the Business Unit and address all associated commercial matters in accordance with best practice methodology, internal compliance and legal requirements.
You will be comfortable with leading and setting the overall direction for a team (this will be a growing team as the business unit expands). You will also be providing commercial management of relevant contracts addressing all associated commercial matters. You will also undertake internal compliance, liaising with the Commercial Director, customers and other stakeholders as required. You will work with the relevant project/contract/bid teams to develop and drive a risk based commercial strategy.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Developing key external commercial customer relationships and maintaining positive relationships
* Developing, implementing and embedding commercial strategy, focused on long term strategic business aims
* Lead the communication and embedding of commercial guidance and expertise, initiatives, policies and procedures across the relevant project teams
* Act as an escalation point for complex commercial issues, and raise key commercial issues with Commercial and Business Unit Directors
* Accountable for the functional management of the wider commercial team to ensure the provision of robust commercial management, delivery of high quality bid gate documentation & commercial aspects of relevant bids, compliance with commercial governance requirements and input & execution of commercial policy
As well as working for the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry, we also offer an agile working approach, which includes the opportunity to regularly work from home and visiting client sites when required.
What do I need to do the role?
* You must be an experienced Senior Commercial Professional with knowledge & experience of NEC 3/4 contracts ideally within the nuclear/power/infrastructure industry or other regulated industry
* You will have a proven track record of delivering on the above accountabilities and delivering significant contribution to business strategy
* Significant experience of managing the commercial arrangements for large scale projects and input into bids and contracts is also essential
* Experience of the line management of commercial teams as well as having the ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships at a senior level
* Education to degree level is desirable
What else do I need to know?
* This position is a full time permanent position comprising of 37 hour working week with flexible start and finish times
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear brings together much of the UK's rich nuclear heritage to create one of the largest specialist nuclear services organisations, at home and abroad. Our heritage dates back to the earliest days of nuclear research and development.
Cavendish Nuclear works across the majority of nuclear sites in the UK, we are strategic partners to EDF Energy on the lifetime extensions of their fleet and work with NNB EDF to deliver a new fleet of nuclear power plants. Our Clean Energy businesses are well positioned to support the UK Governments Clean Energy policies and CO2 reduction targets.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Armed Forces CovenantAs part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 13.05.21