West Midlands (M5 corridor).
£25,000 - £28,000 + company car.
An opportunity has become available for a Health and Safety Officer to join a division of one of the UK's leading metal finishing providers. Founded over a century ago, they are a national company, with multiple sites, and despite the current economic climate, they have continued to strategically expand their business, claim further market share and are confident they will continue to stay robust. Remarkably, last year, they reported their best-ever year in business; all in the middle of a pandemic.
Due to further, strategic expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a HSE Officer to join their team and play a key role in the business and hopefully aspire to move into a managerial position over the proceeding years. Does this sound like the type of company that can offer you the long-term, engaging career prospects you are seeking?
Working in a safety-critical, industrial environment and as part of their talented health and safety team, you will be integral to the implementation of health, safety and environmental polices and procedures throughout the group, ensuring compliance to statutory legislation.
My client isn't necessarily looking for an accomplished health and safety professional but instead, are keen to find someone who they have can train, develop and progress. They champion personal development and throughout the years, have proven highly successful in developing talent and quickly moving the right people into more senior roles.
The main areas of responsibility for this role are as follows:
- Writing risk assessments and safe systems of work (SSOW).
- Updating and reviewing health and safety legislation, codes of practice and company standards.
- Undertaking health and safety inductions for new starters.
- Conducting site safety and environmental audits.
- Promoting and monitoring compliance to health and safety.
- Monitoring and recording details of all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses.
- Contributing to safety reports.
- Conducting accident investigations.
- Continuing the implementation of the health and safety policy and management system.
- Monitoring and ensuring all staff work safely, are correctly supervised and report hazards and health and safety concerns.
Due to the nature of this role, we are essentially looking for someone with a relevant health and safety background, who is used to working in a fast-moving industrial environment. In an ideal world, you will hold a NEBOSH certification however, as an alternative, my client is open to considering people with IOSH Managing Safely.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package of £25,000 - £28,000, plus company car and additional benefits. The company are easily accessible from Halesowen, Birmingham, Dudley, Stourbridge, West Bromwich and the surrounding areas.
Please register your interest for this role by applying online.