Postcode: CB2 0QQ
Pay Rate: Band 6 - £14.33 pre parity
Manpower are currently recruiting for one of the largest and busiest Hospitals in the UK based in the Cambridge area who, due to increased demand, require a Fire Safety Advisor initially for three months.
You must ensure that good standards of fire safety are implemented and maintained across a large and complex trust, ensuring that legislative compliance is adhered to and continually develop and provide a safe environment for patients, staff and the public.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide professional, technical guidance and advice in relation to the interpretation and application of fire safety legislation and management to all staff and where appropriate patients and the public
- Develop, maintain and promote a Trust-wide fire safety plan and procedures
- Establish effective communication systems and working relationships
- Monitor any changes in fire safety related legislation and guidance
- Ensure that the Trust's Fire Safety Policy, protocols and procedures are up to date
The successful candidate must:
- Be educated to degree level or able to demonstrate equivalent level of fire safety management competency
- Have a professional qualification related to fire engineering or safety
- Be a Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers or Institute of Fire Prevention Officers
- Have extensive fire safety/prevention experience gained from Fire Brigade/Armed Forces/Healthcare and/or Local Fire Authority or comparable industrial organisation
- Be experienced in Healthcare Fire Safety
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in the application of the Fire code and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
This role will be subject to screening and is due to start as soon as possible. If you feel you have the relevant skills and would like to progress with this role, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!