Manpower are recruiting a Hot Job Advisor for our client based in Longstanton (Cambridge) - who are a long standing construction engineering company who provide delivery and project management solutions to partners in fields such as Telecoms, highways and civil engineering, as well as the utilities sector.
As a Hot Job Advisor, you will be reporting to the Operational Support Team coordinator and your primary function is validating all works received across the company. This will involve being in contact with various asset owner to determine safe working in line with their High-Pressure Pipeline process. You will be expected to keep in contact with the Hot Jobs Monitor regularly for updates that would in turn be within their work flow management system. In addition, you'll be required to establish effective relationships with 3rd party utility companies and direct with their clients. In this role you will work closely with the operational team and ensure the work within your department is undertaken in a safe manner aligned to company policy.
Key Responsibilities for Hot Jobs Advisor
- Responsible for validating all works received
- Providing accurate grid references and clear location description.
- Providing Safe Digging Prints for the area of excavation.
- Responsible for identifying works that fall within the Zone of Interest (ZOI).
- Responsible for identifying assets above two bars on the Gas Network Operators (GNO) Safe digging prints (Intermediate Pressure (IP), Local High Pressure (LHP) and National High-Pressure (NHP) Mains - GNO affected orders are classified as Hot Jobs, until permission to proceed has been granted.
- Responsible for ensuring any ZOI correspondence received is forwarded to the Operations Department prior to works commencing to ensure safe working practices are adhered to
- Responsible for enquiring to the affected asset owner, to either obtain permission to proceed, or initiate the Hot Job Process
- Responsible for updating all jobs with relevant information from all asset companies following site meetings / correspondence that is had with any/all parties
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Able to manage own workload
- Competent reading stat returns & identifying ZOI should they occur
- Great understanding of the High-Pressure Pipeline Process
- Confident to challenge decisions if you feel it is necessary
- Able to obtain & maintain good relationships with internal and external parties
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Proactive approach to resolving problems taking an impartial approach to deadlines and requirements
- IT skills, competent with the use of internet, email and Microsoft, Adobe (Word, Excel, Outlook) are a must
- Keen eye on details
The successful candidate will be a team player with a keen attention to detail. Time management, effective communication and high-level planning and organisational skills are required to be successful in this role. This is a fantastic chance to join a well-recognised family owned business, who put their people first.
If this role appeals to you then let us know and apply today!