Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Pay rate: £9.94
We're currently recruiting for a Maintenance Officer on a fixed term basis on behalf of our housing association client based in Belfast.
- You will be required to ensure that maintenance repairs to Housing Executive homes are carried out to exacting cost, quality and time standards in accordance with the terms of contracts.
- To carry out inspections of properties to a set timetable in order to authorise the Housing Executive's Contractors to carry out necessary maintenance work
- To conduct inspections to properties, again to a set timetable, in order that works done are of an acceptable standard and that payment for such work can be authorised.
- Officers will be required to meet with tenants, external agencies and/or tenants' representatives to advise them on maintenance issues/policies and their responsibilities for the maintenance of some items in their homes or to provide information on the progress of works their homes or the timeframes for such works to be done.
- To draw deficiencies in the delivery of an effective maintenance service to the attention of the Contractor in the first instance in order that remedial action can be taken
- To draw the above deficiencies to the attention of the District Maintenance Manager, if not resolved
- To liaise with other Housing Executive staff, particularly those involved in allocation of homes, to ensure that houses vacated on changes of tenancy have necessary works done so that they can be re-let as soon as possible
- To carry out PLIC walks/inspections, prepare associated reports and liaise with contractors and other Housing
- Executive staff to ensure cases are managed efficiently with a view to a swift resolution.
- To deputise for the District Maintenance Manager in his/her absence
- A degree in Building Services or an equivalent relevant professional qualification plus 1 years post qualification experience
- A relevant BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma plus 2 years post qualification experience.
Exceptionally, candidates who do not meet the qualification requirement, but who can demonstrate that they have 3 years relevant experience may also be considered.
Please submit your CV to apply.