About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we're looking to recruit a Software Developer/Engineer to join a small team based at our offices just outside Warrington. This is a broad and varied role, where you will focus on software development, and deliver software input to services, tasks and projects, including post installation support and third line technical support. As well as this, the role also encompasses some object orientated design, testing and version management.
- To work safely in accordance with all safety, quality, security, environmental and site instructions and requirements
- Liaison with other Physics/Project Team Members to develop ideas and co-ordinate input to projects
- Support business winning including maintaining customer relationships, developing opportunities and proposal preparation
- Co-ordinate and lead technical contributions to projects
- Ensure appropriate procedures and standards are correctly applied to technical activities, including ensuring that version and configuration control is maintained
- Produce, review and verify outputs including: calculations, analysis results, reports, specifications and method statements
- Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost
- Capture and report learning from experience during and post task delivery
- Support Cavendish Nuclear promotion activities by preparing and delivering presentations and prepare and present technical papers
- Identify continuous improvements and innovations in service provision and implement timely improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required for the role:
- Degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant technical discipline
- Web based technologies are desirable, as well as experience with C++ and SQL
- An understanding and ideally some experience in Object oriented design i.e. Sparx Enterprise Architect CASE tool, design patterns, UML
- Testing experience i.e. unit test frameworks
- An understanding of version management i.e. Git version control
What else do I need to know?
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview. This includes being based out of our other offices which include Whitehaven, Leicester and Bristol.
- There will be the opportunity to work from home in this role, as well as the opportunity to occasionally travel to client sites
- This position is a full time permanent position comprising of 37 hour working week
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face. Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.