Manpower require a Protection & Service Control Engineer for their premier client. You must have experience in the Offshore Wind Industry.
The Protection, Control and Metering scope includes, but it is not limited to, the Protection systems, the Substation Control Systems, the Platform Auxiliary Control Systems, the WTG switchgear control and protection and the Metering systems, for an offshore wind farm, covering the offshore substation, array cables, WTG switchgear and HV connection to the TSO.
The Scope of works will:
- Ensure that the Protection, Control and Metering systems provided by contractors (including Substation Control System, Protection System, Platform Auxiliary Control system and Metering systems) are designed and delivered in accordance with the Employer's requirements, the Grid Code and Network Connection Agreements requirements, other TSO requirements, the Company standards, industry relevant standards and best engineering practices. Review and acceptance of technical deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Protection Single Line Diagram
- Protection basic design
- Trip Matrix
- Tripping philosophy
- Protection detailed design
- Protection Coordination Study, including review of protection settings and configurations files
- SCS Functional Description
- Control Architecture
- Communications Architecture
- Protection and Control Equipment List
- Signal list (including hardwired and communicated with third party systems)
- Panel drawings (layout drawings, circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams)
- Logic diagrams, including interlocks and tripping logics
- HMI Representation
- SCADA database
- Testing Procedures and certificates
- Interfaces with other systems, including protection system interface with TSO, signal exchange with TSO, interface for control and protection of WTG switchgear
- CT/VT specifications and calculation reports
- Proven experience (5 years) in engineering specification and design of Protection, Control and Metering systems for Wind Farm industry, including control philosophy, technical specifications, I/O lists, control architecture, communication network, control logics, interlocks, electrical protection design criteria, protection philosophy, protection SLD, metering design criteria, metering SLD, etc.
- Proven experience in leading of the Protection, Control and Metering contracts, including technical management, programme, cost, and risk control management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical substations including protection and control drawings.
- Educated to degree level in Electrical engineering discipline.
Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas.
This role is inside of IR35 therefore will be PAYE or Umbrella.