An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fragrance Specialist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leeds (will be required to work from home 2-3 days per week until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 37.5-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £33,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
This job focuses on working within Fragrance Capability in Deo R&D as a fragrance specialist operating with the support of the Category Brand Fragrance Manager (CBFM) in delivering the fragrance portfolio understanding, analysis of the market background and development elements of projects.
The job holder will lead the aspects of a portfolio analysis, consumer fragrance understanding analysis for Rexona Female together with CBFM. The job also requires some collaboration with Fragrance Houses.
- Utilising fragrance brand strategy and market knowledge work alongside CBFM to scope out the fragrance deliverables. This includes setting technical benchmarks and working strategically with Supply Management to establish cost targets.
- Leading fragrance briefing with internal and external partners where necessary.
- Work closely with CTI, CMI, GFC, PDC & Brand using available consumer fragrance data to analyse the market fragrance needs, certain specific variant fragrance needs.
- 4Builds and utilises in-market fragrance understanding, Deodorant competitors, cross-category drivers and Fine Fragrance trends in order to help deliver market winning fragrances and build fragrance capability.
- Support CBFM to build UL and Deodorant category fragrance capability and expertise.
- The job requires formulation understanding and some level of olfactive ability (must be able to differentiate and describe fragrance).
- A passion for fragrance & fragrance understanding highly beneficial.
- Analytical ability is essential. Must be able to analyse and interpret portfolio data.
- Understanding of project execution & gate processes.
- Consumer studies and/or project management experience highly beneficial.
- Must be educated to degree level.