Manpower are recruiting for a Cook to work for our public sector client.
You will be responsible for the preparation and service of meals.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake food preparation and cooking duties for meals following department recipes for bulk preparation
- Preparation of sandwiches, salads, cold desserts and other items
- Responsible for the preparation of special diets e.g. gluten free, low/high protein, low/high fat, low sodium etc as required.
- Involvement with the planning and devising of new recipes and menus
- Completion of written records e.g. temperate recording
- To be responsible for handling of food supplies
- City & Guilds 706 1 & 2 or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Detailed Food Hygiene knowledge and knowledge of HACCP systems
- Good communication skills
- Able to display a passion and flair for cooking
You will work 30 hours per week, working any 4 days out of 7.
This is a temporary role offering an immediate start subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
For more information, please call 01656 657231 or apply today with an up to date CV.