Millions of people get their gas and electricity from one of the leading Energy Providers, at home and at work. We're one of the UK's top energy companies - and this is your chance to join us as a Production Technician to join their growing CHP (Combined Heat and Power Plant) team in Kemsley.
About the role.
You will be supporting the Shift Team Leader and Production Coordinator responsible for the safe, environmentally compliant, efficient operation of the plant.
Pay Rate: £51,948 per annum.
Location: Kemsley, Sittingbourne.
Contract: Until approximately December 2021 but could be extended depending on business needs.
Hours: Shift based working; 12 hour shifts over a 24-hour period Monday - Sunday.
Start Date: ASAP.
- Deliver safe, environmentally compliant, and efficient operation of the CHP plant, within operational parameters, ensuring compliance with management instructions, procedures and policies
- Support the identification and implementation of improvements to all areas of plant performance with regards to SHE, commercial, performance, availability and reliability
- Deliver and support analysis of plant issues and provide technical advice with input into decision making
- Liaise and ensure effective communication with key stakeholders including Energy Trading, Client, the general public and other key external stakeholders
- Proactively take responsibility for fault diagnostics
The post holder's responsibilities include:
- Operate the CHP plant in order to deliver availability and reliability through investigations of fault conditions and incidents to achieve and exceed business KPI's
- Actively promote a culture of health, safety and environmental awareness adopting a continuous improvement policy in safety and environmental performance
- Provide first line maintenance and fault diagnosis escalating to the maintenance team when required
- Proactively support the Maintenance Team during technical projects, and planned and reactive maintenance activities
- Manage operational procedures, routines and reporting requirements to comply with current SHE legislation
- Liaison with the client to ensure the site's contractual obligations are maintained and a good working relationship is promoted
- Be prepared and willing to respond to business needs in an emergency
- Work always within the Generation business's strategic, financial and policy guidelines
Key Skills Required:
- Working towards or possess a City and Guilds or NVQ level 3 in Power Plant Operation or a relevant discipline, and/or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of practical industrial experience and/or knowledge to carry out all aspects of CHP plant operation
- First line maintenance experience across relevant discipline area (Process, Electrical, C&I, Mechanical)
- Experience of operating within safety, environment and operational polices, standards, frameworks and statutory legislation
- Working towards or in possession of an IOSH (Managing Safely) or equivalent qualification, demonstrating a clear knowledge of safety practices and management
- Competence in safety assessment by producing such documents as risk assessments, method statements, manual handling.
- A proven ability to identify and analyse situations by isolating key issues, evaluating relevant data and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with site teams, and deal with key stakeholders and external organisations
- Financial and commercial awareness associated with the activities of the role
- A working knowledge of key PC based computer systems
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today!!!