Senior Bid Manger
Location: North West.
Salary: £50K - £60K DOE. Plus, a car / allowance + performance-related bonus and a range of other benefits.
Start Date: ASAP.
About the Company
Manpower are representing one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors. With a portfolio of services ranges from M&E building services, Instrumentation, Rail, Street Lighting, Facilities management to HV & LV & Combined Heat and Power solutions. We are excited to be supporting this client with their search for a Senior Bid Manager at this exciting time, as the business is undergoing major transformation. You will be a core member of the Bids team and you will be focusing on managing the whole process required to deliver first class tender responses for strategic business customers. The role will include a full suite of bid management duties, including writing activities and supporting/providing advice on potential technical solutions.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
This is an exciting time to be considering a career with SSE as they have recently entered into an acquisition agreement with Aurelius Group. As of 1st July 2021, they will step away from SSE Group. This partnership heralds an exciting opportunity for further growth for our business. With a strong pipeline of projects across the UK, people are key to our continued success.
What will your days look like as a Senior Bid Manager?
- Create and articulate an optimal "win" strategy for each bid.
- Own the process for delivering a high-quality tender, in doing so having a direct impact on increasing the company's bid success rate.
- Creating high quality content in response to Invitations to Tender.
- Tailor high quality content to submit as responses to a full spectrum of Mechanical & Electrical tenders, working with operational teams as appropriate.
- Tender response delivery.
- Ensure that deadlines are comfortably met, and the process is managed efficiently.
- Bid communication.
- Communication across the functions of Bids, Estimating, Operations, BD and the wider business to effectively tie together and tailor the customers' needs with the company's internal and external delivery capability.
- Quality control of bid content.
- Ensure language, style and content is accurate, professional, consistent and appropriate for the specific client/sector/decision maker.
- Good knowledge of the Services market (such as M&E / HV / Street Lighting / Rail); competitor positioning, current market dynamics and developments and the evolving challenges these bring.
- Have an excellent knowledge of industry best practise with respect to the content required to create high quality tenders to large, sophisticated customers with multi-service requirements.
- Significant experience low and high value bids (£50k - £20m) working on strategic / major bid responses.
- Know what a winning bid looks like, appreciate risks and have the capacity to grasp technical, financial and legal information in the context of managing and delivering tenders.
- Technical experience through Engineering / Commercial / Design or Operational experience preferable.
If you are interested in this position, please don't hesitate to apply!
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Up to £150 Voucher Referral Scheme if you know anyone who is interested.