An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Global Learning Manager (eCommerce) working remotely (UK) for the entirety of the assignment. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, paying up to £50,000 pro rata, per annum depending on experience. Some occasional travel may be required once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted to London and/or Kingston-upon-Thames for meetings when required.
The main purpose of the Learning Manager Role will be to focus on defining skills for eCommerce across the business, and working internally to embed these skills into our internal IDPs at every level. You may also be asked to build, deploy and maintain core and strategic learning programmes to support CD. In this role you will also build relationships across the various functional academies in UL, Functional Leadership Teams and manage service providers including learning providers and professional institutions, so stakeholder management and business partnering skills are key.
The Learning Manager will be responsible for defining and following the established process to define the skills, and will facilitate and drive all stakeholder management and focus group/stakeholder interviews and discussions to enable this. You may also be driving some of the learning programmes, expanding this beyond courses, to embed skills development into capability planning and learning. You will know you have made a difference when you can see a change in capabilities from the skills baseline at an individual and collective level across the organisation in eCommerce.
- Partner Functional Leaders and HRBPs, working closely with the key stake holders to seek out how to better understand define and establish specific skills
- Lead the design and definition of the eCommerce skills
- Identify new ways of building skills through the introduction of new approaches and learning platforms
- Deploy, and adapt as required, leading edge skills assessment tools to assess, prioritise and close learning/skills gaps
- Work tightly with your communications partners as part of raising awareness of learning and development opportunities using engaging tools and campaigns to ignite interest and engagement in communities.
- Measure and assess return on learning and business impact.
- You have defined a framework through facilitation to engage a structured approach to development.
- Experience in learning interventions and learning technology platforms and/or experience in working with Subject Matter Experts and Leaders to define skills for CD teams.
- Experience and/or passion for eCommerce and experience in FMCG.
- Experience of facilitating focus groups.
- You have strong influencing skills to manage others who do not directly report to you, ensuring that you deliver the agenda you need to with the help of others who may have competing time priorities.
- Need to be comfortable in making choices and delivering the required solutions in the most cost-effective way, understanding the different options of creating and delivering content that are available.
- Demonstrated project/process management ability and confidence managing a budget
- Experience in making data driven decision
- You are able to thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility.