£32,318 per annum
Wincanton are looking for committed and reliable Class 1 HIAB Driver's to join our construction fleet in Pulborough. Carrying out deliveries for our construction team, whilst following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
For driver's living further away, this role has the additional benefit of having parking locations in Dorking, Stanford le Hope and Sittingbourne.
* £32,318 per annum (basic salary)
* £12.43 per hour
* Monday to Friday (with some Saturday work)
* Start times between 04:00 - 06:00
* Minimum 2 nights out per week, but 4 would be preferred
* Night out allowance - £30 per night
* 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* 50 hour contract
Premiums & Bonus Package:
* £5 daily meal allowance if working over 4.5 hours
* £30 night out allowance
* £15.53 per hour - for hours worked between 18:00 - 06:00
* £15.53 per hour - Saturdays
* £25 - £50 per week vehicle earnings bonus
* £38,843 - Based on 50 hours per week, 4 nights out and obtaining average bonus
* £36,143 - Based on 50 hours per week, 2 nights out and obtaining average bonus
* £32,318 basic salary
We also have opportunities for relief drivers with an additional premium of £10 per day.
Potential earnings (relief drivers only)
* £41,093 - Based on 50 hours per week, 4 nights out, relief allowance and obtaining average bonus
* £38,393 - Based on 50 hours per week, 2 nights out, relief allowance and obtaining average bonus
You will be driving either drawbars or Artic's with a crane, delivering bricks and blocks to builder's merchants and sites in the South East and South West.
* You will need to use a mechanical offload regularly in your day to day work, which comes in the form of a lorry mounted crane.
* We do not generally give start and finish times as we expect you to manage your own time to optimise the driving and working time to complete the deliveries.
* You will be professional and provide a fantastic level of customer service as well as being diligent in completing paperwork correctly.
* Responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers' products
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
* Monday to Friday with nights out, and the occasional Saturday if required
* Full compliance with all relevant legislation
* You will be required to operate a range of vehicles types and specifications across our fleet.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Must have a valid Class 1 HGV licence
* Must have a valid Driver CPC and Tacho card
* No more than 6 points on your licence
* ALLMI card preferred, but not essential
* Experience on a HIAB preferred but not essential
* Must have minimum 12 months Class 1 HGV driving experience
* A Good timekeeper and ability to work unsupervised
* Excellent geographical knowledge as deliveries throughout the British Isles
* Enthusiastic and reliable willing to go the extra mile for customer service
* Adhere and promote Health & Safety values
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton Driver of the Year
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.