Class 1 - Fixed Term Nights
£34,846.24 per annum (pro rata)
Wincanton are looking for Class 1 drivers on a 6-month fixed term contract, to join our busy Howdens transport team from our Hemel Hempstead depot. Carrying out deliveries for our Howdens contract, whilst following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
* £34,846.24 per annum (pro rata)
* £15.23 per hour
* Working 4 out of 7 - Nights
* Start times between: 1500hrs to 1900hrs
* Weekend work required at times
* Monthly pay
* £15.23ph overtime rate, from 45hrs
* Contracted to 44 hours per week
* Essential DCPC training
* Holiday`s pro rata - 19 days plus bank holidays
* Uniform and PPE
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Night shifts will be trunking between Howdens depots across the country
* Responsible for the accurate, timely movement and delivery of our customers' products
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
* Securing load of the trailer to ensure products are safely secured to minimise chances of damage
* Provide excellent customer service at all times and to take ownership of customer issues on delivery
* Carry out multi-drop deliveries within the delivery window in a safe manner
* Be aware of the vehicle defects and bring to the attention of Transport Office as necessary
* Attend essential training in order to carry out the Driver role
* To provide support in the Yard as required by the Transport Office
* Adhering to Driving legislation and professional competence standards.
* A flexible approach to working patterns and start times to meet business needs
* Motivated and committed with high personal and professional standards
* Adhere to and promote Health & Safety values
Experience & Qualifications:
* Must hold a valid Class 1 Licence
* Must hold a valid DCPC Card
* Must hold a valid tacho Card
* No more than 6 points on your licence
* Minimum 2 years Class 1 driving experience is essential
* Possess excellent communication skills, understand and follow both verbal and written information.
* Able to work within set timescales to meet customers service requirements.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support our client in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton Driver of the Year
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.