BMS Support Engineer
Location: North West, covering Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire & Cheshire.
Salary: £40K+ DOE.
Start Date: ASAP.
Hours: 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days)
Annual Leave: 20 days plus bank holidays
Benefits: Pension, performance related bonus, company car/cash allowance, and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
About the Company
Manpower are representing SSE who design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems, as part of SSE's Distributed Energy division developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings. Working alongside colleagues across SSE, they provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world - renewable energy generation - including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure. Manpower are excited to be supporting SSE with their search for a BMS Support Engineer to cover the North West Region. This is a varied role, one where you could be carrying out scheduled maintenance activities one day at a major hospital and upgrading controller at a pharmaceutical site or initiating an energy reduction initiative the next.
Flexibility is required as no 2 days will be the same.
What does your new role as BMS/BEMS Engineer look like?
As a regional business, you will be working across the Northwest, so if you are looking to reduce your time away from home and long days through travel then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Responding to various customer service calls, whether they be emergency or scheduled, on site or remotely, you'll carry out full checks, analyse and diagnose problems through testing and interrogating Customers Building Management System.
- Delivering exceptional levels of client/customer service, discussing the best course of action, working as a team with those customers to help deliver a Best in Class Service.
- Confidently identify actions/equipment required and providing timescales around the resolution and highlighting any potential improvement or upgrade opportunities.
- Providing customers with written service reports & field quotes daily.
What do I need to be successful in my application?
- You must be technically experienced in Trend, Siemens or Tridium BMS.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the capacity to maintain a collaborative working environment with all stakeholders, including customer and external service providers.
- Great customer service levels with a professional approach, and a dedication to meeting customer expectations, including delivering technical support, with coaching and direction where necessary.
- An agile working approach with flexibility to support on call rota structure.
- As you will be travelling to different sites its essential that you hold a full driving licence and you are flexible in your approach to each day's tasks as there could be changes to priorities at short notice based on customer requirements.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.