£30,737 per annum
Wincanton are seeking Class 1 drivers to join our team working on our Wilko contract based out of Worksop.
46 hours per week contract working any 4 / 5 over 7 with the following start times available:
* Starting between 12:00 and 16:00
* Starting between 16:00 and 20:00
Hourly rate & additional premiums
* £12.84 ph - basic hourly rate
* £1 ph - on top of basic hourly rate for hours worked between 1800 and 0600
* Time and a third - For hours worked over 46 hours, Saturday & Sunday working
Delivering to stores across UK with an average of 2 drops per day and pickups using Tri-Axle Box Trailers as well as Curtainsiders.
Due to the nature of the role weekend working will be required.
Newly qualified Class 1 drivers will be considered.
* You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers' products, servicing the General Merchandise sector
* Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately, and that use of any point of delivery technology is used with attention to detail
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
* A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business, and willing to spend nights away from base when required
* Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements
Experience & Qualifications
* Must have valid in date Class 1 licence
* Must have valid in date CPC
* Must hold Digital tachograph card
* Must not have more than 6 points on licence
* Possess excellent customer facing awareness skills
* Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
* Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
* Must have good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work
* Must have a good geographical knowledge
£500 for recommending a driver friend and your friend also gets £250.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, Wilko discount card, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.