Manpower UK are currently looking for a Traffic Planner to join the growing transport team of one of the country's largest and most established Logistics Providers.
This is an excellent role and will allow the Traffic Planner to get a real grips on the day to day running of a busy Transport office and is a chance to work for a FORS Gold Accredited employer who are passionate about the progression and development of their staff.
Very friendly working environment and a great team to join!
The Traffic Planner will be primarily responsible for the timely planning of routes and scheduling delivery times and to ensure fleet resource is used to full capacity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with internal and external customers, departments and other depots to plan routes, schedule delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation, and ensure vehicles are utilised in the most efficient manner
- Prioritise and plan drivers workloads
- Carry out driver briefs and de briefs
- Ensuring full Health & Safety and WTD adherence
- Suggesting solutions with regards to route or driver issues/problems
- Maintaining traffic management system (TMS) and entering details in full
- Ensuring adherence to Transport Operation compliance levels
- Ensuring vehicles are serviced to the correct standard
- Sourcing agency drivers
- Providing support to other departments and colleagues where necessary
It is vital that this person has previously worked in a large, busy Transport environment and has knowledge of driver/route planning and regulation compliance. They will also need to be highly organised and able to work under pressure.
Working hours are Monday-Friday
Annual Salary of £26,000 to £29,000 DOE + company pension & other benefits
If interested please apply without delay!