An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Maintenance Planner, based at their Burton site. This is a full-time temporary role for 12 months, 39 hour week, paying £33,000 per annum pro rata.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve.
BACKGROUND & MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Reporting to Site Engineering Leader, the role of the Maintenance Planner (MP) is to support the Site Engineering Leader and the other Operational Leaders in the effective planning of maintenance activities across the factory.
Responsibility is also for the implementation and management of agreed maintenance systems to ensure, 3rd party and critical maintenance activities are planned and managed effectively across the factory. The MP is also responsible for ensuring full compliance to all legal and mandatory engineering requirements within the factory and to provide support in analysis to continually improve the equipment reliability and cost effectiveness of the Factory maintenance programme.
- Support the Site Engineering Leader / OSHE Advisor in identifying statutory activities to be carried out within the factory departments.
- Assist in the identification of critical control points on the equipment and that they are able to be inspected according to QM procedures. Ensure that these requirements are included in the maintenance schedules.
- Manage the maintenance planning systems and processes for the engineering workshops, generating the required task lists.
- Support the maintenance planning for all areas, assisting with assessment of appropriate resource availability and the tasks can occur without conflicting requirements.
- Take part in PM shift briefs and debriefs
- Ensure that the learnings from maintenance activities and breakdowns are fed back into the maintenance schedules
- Ensure the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are graphically reviewed and the gap analysis is carried out on a regular basis to understand and input into the improvement plan
- Be involved on equipment ranking process and apply criteria to prioritize maintenance
Look to reduce frequency and time of PM schedules through improvements or loss reduction
- Manage assigned maintenance contracts.
- Be involved in Asset Tagging and Verification for Financial Reporting and Compliance.
- Support the implementation of local capex project implementation, building maintenance schedules, planning maintenance activities and managing smaller scale installations and contractors.
- Technical Qualification (formal engineering apprenticeship (dual skill) advanced diploma or equivalent
- Experience in mechanical or electrical engineering