An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Chemical Identification Administrator, based at their Research & Development facility in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire (This role will be based WFH due to current Covid restrictions.) This is a full-time temporary role for 2 months, to start ASAP, working a 37.5-hour week, paying between £27,000 - £35,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience.
*This role requires an immediate start, so unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from candidates that have a current notice period.
Business Context and Main Purpose of Job:
You will apply changes agreed by an internal governance team to a repository of chemical structure information, aiding with unambiguous chemical identification across the business. Additionally, you will check entries flagged as being high-risk in the database for errors and propose fixes for these entries.
You will have a good eye for detail, and a basic understanding of organic chemistry naming conventions.
- Use a user interface to apply previously agreed changes to a repository of chemical structure and identification information
- Check the quality of chemical structure information, identifying any discrepancies
- Place new chemicals within a hierarchy of chemical classes
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree / A-level Chemistry
- Experience using M/S excel ideally with VLOOK-Ups, general formatting
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail