A number of exciting opportunities have arisen to join our client a world leading Global Aerospace Manufacturing organisation in Belfast as a Buyer/Procurement Specialist. These roles are full-time temporary for 6 months with a potential to extend, with an immediate start. Paying £31065 Per annum pro rata which is the equivalent to £16.59 per hour, working 36hr week, Mon - Thurs 8.15am-4.45pm & Fri 8.15am-12.15pm
Purpose of the Job
To be responsible for supporting the Sourcing and commercial objectives relating to pricing, contracting and successful first article delivery across a range of commodities and services which may last approx. 6 months. A review will take place after 6 months and based on business requirements the position may be extended.
- Preparing and issuing requests for proposals to the supply base
- Pro-actively managing multi-discipline interfaces to ensure EACs, cost reduction targets and procurement objectives are met.
- Identifying and managing supply sources.
- Establishing and negotiating purchase contracts.
- Monitoring / managing supplier performance.
- Executing cost and cash containment initiatives and financial commitment.
- Executing and supporting key strategies for Sourcing.
- Identifying opportunities for waste elimination within workscope
- Must be able to work in a multi-functional team environment in line with the client's core values and behaviours.
- A minimum of an HNC or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CPIM, CIPS)
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant experience within Material Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement etc. Candidates with lesser qualifications but with a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience within Material Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement etc. will also be considered.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Knowledge of an MRP Planning System is essential