JOB DESCRIPTION : WAREHOUSE ASSEMBLY OPERATIVE
Hours - Mon-Fri 07:00-15:00, half hour unpaid lunch, two 10 minute breaks AM/PM (does not include toilet or quick drink break)
£9.50 per hour
Opportunity for Temp to Perm
Will be able to offer temp to perm to candidates willing to commute to Leighton Buzzard in September/October, as the company will be relocating there (now in Hatfield)
Applicant must have manufacturing, assembly and experience working with tools.
- To carry out the picking, manufacturing and dispatch of products in-line with works instructions and training
- To palletise, wrap, box and carton orders
- Manage stock inventories
- Loading and unloading of lorries
- Check incoming and outgoing stock for quality and quantity and locate incoming goods to racks and trays
- Ensure warehouse, yard and workstations are kept clean and tidy in line with company policies on safety and quality
- To expedite any reasonable requests made by warehouse and office colleagues
- Operate in accordance with company guidelines applicable to each respective area or functional task, escalating any concerns in a timely and effective manner to the warehouse supervisor or his manager
The ideal candidate will:
- Already have experience in manufacturing/assembly/warehouse environment
- Be able to demonstrate deft assembly skills
- Have a broad understanding of hand tools and production equipment
- Understand safe working practices including handling heavy items
- Have good spoken English and good communication skills
- Be able to work with others or alone as required
- Deliver commitment, motivation, energy, and tidy work practices in small team
- Meet task time expectations
- Fork lift truck (reach truck) experience an advantage
- Carry out additional tasks/responsibilities as required
- Be physically fit as the can involve some heavy lifting.
All training will be provided as we do not expect experience in our exact productions and methods - it is more important that the candidate have some engineering experience with power tools (even DIY), adaptable and quick to learn, excellent work ethic with a record of good conduct, good appearance and punctuality. Also due to our location a car-owning driver is preferred.
Lunch is provided free to those who want it, to include a wide choice of sandwiches/wraps/rolls + crisps + chocolate/biscuit.
Key-worker status due to the medical devices nature of our products.
We are fully COVID compliant with PPE and on-site rapid testing facilities available on demand.