Due to continued success in their field, we are happy to be supporting our Clients with introductions for a committed and experienced multi skilled engineer to join the Maintenance Department at their 24/7 DC in Preston. This is a challenging 'hands on' role that will see you working across all aspects of the business, carrying out electrical, mechanical, fabric repairs/maintenance as required. You will be experienced with a demonstrable a multi-skilled background showing both reactive and planned, preventative maintenance with additional out of hours cover (paid).
What does your day look like as Multi Skilled Engineer?
- You will carry out statutory requirements, planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs.
- Complete all documentation (paper or electronically) required for technical standards, audits, engineering records, machine history and data, inclusive of stock control.
- Full understanding and adhere to all compliance & company requirements regarding health and safety, personal and food hygiene.
- Supporting and training other engineers and working as a team as required in day to day operations.
- To respond to call-outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies as required, as part of a 24/7 - 365 days a year shared rota.
What's in your 'tool kit'?
- You are a multi-skilled engineer, (mechanical or electrical).
- City & Guilds Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, including transmission plant equipment such as conveyors, belts and motors.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Conversant with Food Manufacturing, Bakery and Process Machinery.
- Multitasking with multiple tasks on the go at any one given time,
- Strong organisational skills.
- Capacity to read schematic drawings.
- Refrigeration experience advantageous.
- A flexible and open-minded approach is important.
- Ability to work, safely, hygienically and independently, using own initiative.
- Flexible approach to working additional hours, in line with operational demands.
- Clean driving licence
Sound like what you are looking for ?
Click apply now & I look forward to receiving your CV.