Start Date: ASAP.
Hours: 2 Shift Patterns:
Week 1- 6.00am to 4.30pm/ Week 2- 7.30am to 6.00pm.
10 hours per day- 50 hours per week.
Annual Leave: TBC
Benefits: Pension and other perks included.
About the Company
Manpower are working with a long established, successful company with years of experience working with steel, who pride themselves in fabricating conveyors, crushers and structural work for UK quarries and other industries. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and reliable steel fabricator to join their team. An excellent opportunity to join a busy team in their ever-growing workshop. The successful candidate will be able to work from both technical drawings or verbal descriptions supplied by our design Team and be able to fabricate all manner of mild steel structures and sections including, chute works, ducting, guarding and structural steel using MIG welding practices.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- Fabricate products in line with production schedule and to the correct time scales in accordance with the installation requirements.
- To carry out all Fabrication stages from receipt of drawing to completion of job including interpreting technical drawings, marking out, cutting, tacking and welding tolerances.
- Produce and assemble products according to Company standards.
- Carry out the responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Policy.
- Knowledge of any systems will be advantageous.
- The job will involve lifting and can be physically demanding, so a good level of fitness would be an advantage.
- Be happy to work alone, or in a team as required.
- To follow company quality procedures and complete all quality documentation.
- To carry out daily recorded check of workshop equipment allocated to you prior to use.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Fabricator is essential.
- Proven previous experience is an advantage.
- Able to read and interpret technical fabrication drawings.
- Proficient in the use of guillotines, mag drills, grinders, track burner and other steel working equipment.
- You may also be required to operate mobile plant, so telehandler and forklift ticket is desirable.
- Experience or certificates in abrasive wheels and lifting and slinging would also be an advantage.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.