Job title: Logistical & Transport Officer
Job type: Temporary ongoing
Pay rate: £8.91 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00 (37.5 hour week) Once a week you could start at 15:00/16:00 and arrive back later that same evening
We're looking for a Logistics and Transport Officer to support our growing client.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to transport laboratory samples, all applicants should have a full and clean licence to drive a high side, long wheel-base van. In addition to driving, you will also have duties as a lab hand e.g. preparing bottles, moving boxes and warehousing so it's vital you are prepared for manual lifting.
- Using company vehicle to transport samples between Bedford Laboratory and other premises.
- Prepares sampling kits and containers required by clients and arranging transport of those samples, including completion of necessary regulatory paperwork, as required.
- Follows established procedures to conduct some basic laboratory processes.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy working environment.
- Assists in other areas and performs other tasks as directed by the Laboratory Manager or his/her delegate.
- Adheres to company Health and Safety policies to maintain a safe working environment.
- To perform all duties in a professional manner at all times, including wearing appropriate safety/work apparel as supplied by company.
Health and Safety
This role requires the following:
- Manual handling;
- Use of chemicals
- Shift work including some unsociable hours
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of driving high-sided vehicles in a commercial setting.
- Good time management skills, attention to detail and ability to cope under pressure.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, seeking advice where necessary.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities would be advantageous.