My client is a leading supplier of telecom & utility services across the UK and Ireland. The have partnered exclusively with the ManpowerGroup Ireland to find their new Transport & Logistics Manager.
The role is to ensure that equipment and vehicles are available to support the operation and the success of the company. This will be done through managing the transport, logistics and procurement functions within the business while adhering to strict guide lines.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Business and Market development
- Identify and negotiate with external suppliers.
- Manage the performance of suppliers .
- To manage the company's fleet;
- Maintain the companies fleet.
- Manage and Maintain the transport & logistics budget.
- Ensure all vehicles with in the fleet are operating legally.
- Ensure all HGV's are compliant
- Maintain stores records and reorder stock as required against demand, or statistical analysis
- Report any vehicle or plant damage through to the Financial Controller immediately,
- Performance reviews.
- HR manage staff.
- Hire and promote accordingly.
- Compliance with Quality ISO 9001
- Previous experience within Transport & Logistics.
- Previous experience Managing a fleet of vehicles.
- IT Skills (MS Office).
- High attention to detail.
- People Management
- Communication skills.