An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Global Digital Assistant Brand Manager to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £34,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Dove is the largest Beauty & Personal Care brand in UL and in recent years it has enjoyed spectacular growth rates. The brand is loved by hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide for both its products and its commitment to Real Beauty. In 2004 Dove launched the Campaign for Real Beauty - a ground-breaking positioning within the world of Beauty, which has since inspired women all over the world. Over the years Dove has then launched many globally renowned campaigns and propelled the brand to its current iconic status. Dove's purpose is supported by tangible Brand Do's - namely, the Dove Self-Esteem Project, Project #ShowUs and advocating (and achieving) legislation changes in the area of beauty diversity. The Dove Masterbrand team is in charge of 'pure purpose' communications and activities for the whole Dove brand. It's an exciting time to be part of this brand and to accelerate Dove's growth as it continues to fly even higher around the world.
This role is within the Global Dove Masterbrand Digital team (that sits within a wider Dove Global Masterbrand team), reporting to the Global Head of Digital Content. It is a critical role to driving Dove's Digital priorities globally.
The role will primarily own social content planning, creation and approvals and driving key conversations with our existing community and creating wider awareness of the brand's core commitments towards creating positive change in the world. You will be working across a wide range of content some of which includes product communications, the Dove Self-Esteem Project, No Digital Distortion, Actions against Systemic Racism including the CROWN and anti-hair discrimination and a core focus on Planet and No Animal Testing.
Working with the Global Head of Digital Content to drive world class communications for Dove across multiple touchpoints including social channels, .com and email through:
- The planning, coordination and development of quality and salient long-term and reactive digital content that drives awareness and community action across purpose and product
- Managing content calendars across digital channels and scheduling and posting assets
- Facilitating both timely content and reactive conversations for Dove global and local markets
- and delivered on time for Global and local market use. Working with Influencer teams and partners to ensure UGC and partner content is integrated optimally
- You will also be a key part of driving more editorially-led content hero-ing expert voices via .com articles and our social channels with a focus search
- Content measurement. Test and learn is key for both organic and paid content, continuous optimisation helps us grow and improve.
- Advocating for Digital content strategies and helping nurture these with learnings
- Developing best practices for engaging the internal and external communities and working on community management
- Working closely with a wide variety of key internal and external stakeholders (including categories, markets, Campaign teams, PR & Comms, legal and agencies) to ensure all key messages are conveyed via optimal content
- Liaising closely with local markets for their input into content is key and also ensuring the content is later adopted and supported with media investment and search - as well as email / 1-1 communication.
- Must have experience in a similar digital content role, ideally in FMCG or NGO companies.
- A proactive self-starter and will be excited for the opportunity to actively own and manage conversations and content that goes way beyond product and focuses on purpose in action.
- You will have an instinct for great content and be able to 'feel' the brand and align the content to what most resonates with our communities.
- Creative and with a high level of editorial flair.
- You will have a keen eye for detail and cultural sensitivity yet be able to keep an eye on the bigger picture and where this content fits into the bigger plan.
- Autonomous yet willing to take direction and work closely with the Content lead and all key stakeholders.
- You'll have a passion for working with people & an ability to build strong relationships both in-person and virtually.
- You'll be a great communicator, who flexes their style to suit the context and you'll be able to influence others and really champion your work, whilst keeping an open-mind to views.
- Highly organised and be able to work on multiple workstreams in one go and thrive in a fast-paced idea-rich environment. Speed and quality will be key.
- You'll take a creative approach to problem solving & be resilient when plans change.