Salary: £13.38 hourly rate + benefit
Location: Ashford with opportunities in the following postcode TN24 0GB
Job Type: Long term -Temporary, average 35.7 paid hours per week over a five-week, continental shift pattern
Looking for your next move in the New Year, seasonal role ended? Why not join the team and be part of supporting the EU transformation. No two days will be the same - manual work is part of this job together with attention to detail as you will be part of the team that makes up our client external border.
With start dates in January we are looking for Goods In Handlers with an aspect of Forklift Truck Driving responsibilities, to support with the transition period as the UK moves to operating a full, external border as a sovereign nation.
Carrying out custom checks as well as loading and unloading will be required for trucks entering the UK, this is location based so no need to travel between sites.
What does your day to day look like?
- Loading and unloading lorries including manual handling, using roller cages, pallet and forklift truck.
- Ensure the correct handling of all client products is carried out at all stages within the facility whilst being compliant with trained manual handling procedures
- Undertake any manual and/or electronic reporting requirements as requested
- Support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
What's the type of person that will suit our role?
- Good communicator- written and verbal
- Energy and enthusiasm to carry out a job well done
- We need your availability for the length of the assignment
- A counterbalance forklift truck licence that has been certified either RTITB, ITTSAR, AITT, NPORS.
- Willing for a Health provider to assess your ability to carry out the role safely and effectively
- Ability to work a continental shift pattern which includes early, late and night shifts
- 23 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata)
- Full training will be provided
- Full PPE is provided for the duration of your assignment
Do you want to be part of a team as we start to transition, do you possess all of the above and are willing to take on the challenge - then please apply and our team will be in touch.
Our Client in partnership with Manpower are committed to an organisation that reflects the very best of 21st century Britain and encourage applications from all backgrounds and circumstances.
We're proud to be a 'Disability Confident Employer' and we were the first organisation to be 'Clear Assured', which recognised our efforts to recruit and retain employees with disabilities.
To date we have been recognised by the Times Top 50 Employers for Women, named a Stonewall Star Performer, and listed by Business In The Community as an inclusive employer for race.