Synthetic Training Equipment (STE) Author
Land Defence - TMASS
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are recruiting for a Synthetic Training Equipment Author to carry out the duties as specified by the Authority and to assist the STE Custodian/Operator in their duties as required. You will be delivering an effective service with an effective use of resources and high standards of STE Authoring thus ensuring that Babcock (TMASS) exceeds all the requirements of the contract within the AFVSR. You will act as a surge Defence Trainer (D&M) in exceptional circumstances (DPT/PTT).
- To assist the Authority and Group Management in the conduct of trials and evaluations as requested
- Collaboration and teamwork with the STE Custodian/Operator
- To assist in visits to the AFVSR
- To be receptive to changing demands implemented by new equipment and be prepared to undertake continuation and / or new skill training
- To author and amend electronically generated exercises on the DPT, PTT and associated equipment as specified by the AFVSR Cbt Wing and liaise with the Authority on STE (DPT) syllabus
- To produce new exercises as per exercise generation requests
- Provide assistance and briefs as an experienced user to the Authority for the AFVSR
- To assist the STE Custodian/Operator and provide cover as required. These duties include but are not limited to:
- To co-ordinate the allocation of resources, prioritise users and allocate down time for servicing
- To report and maintain a log of STE down time and maintain a log of STE users
- To train Babcock and military personnel in the procedures and use of STE
- To assist outside agencies in maintaining STE and associated equipment as necessary
- To monitor all work performed by outside contractors on STE
What do I need to do the role?
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training (equivalent or higher)
- AFVSR School's Instructor (D&M)
- Experience in a training environment
- Ability to be part of an instructional team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Must be computer literate to European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) standard or equivalent
- STE Authoring skills and knowledge
- Maintain knowledge and currency of new equipment and D&M Instruction
- Knowledge of SHEF within the workplace
- ASLS training as appropriate
- Defence Trainer (D&M)
- Operate MODNet/TAFMIS
Trainers will need to meet the competencies specified in the Defence Trainer Competency Framework (DTCF) ((Groups 1- 5, 7 & 9) - Practitioner and work towards Advanced Practitioner status.
What else do I need to know?
- SC Security clearance required and Trade control related.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.