Wincanton are recruiting for Class 1 LGV Drivers to join our Morrisons Willow Green team in Bridgwater. Carrying out store deliveries for our Morrisons contract, whilst following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
You will be delivering to Morrisons stores within South Wales and South West of England, with an average of 2 - 3 drops per day.
- Permanent opportunities
- Lates or night shifts available
- Additional premiums and earning potential available
£27,707.68 per annum basic salary with late shift premiums enhancing your salary to £31,550.52 and night shift premiums enhancing your salary to £33,434.22 plus additional shift and earning potential for weekend working on top.
- Shifts Available - lates or nights
- Shift start times between (lates) 14:30 - 17:00
- Shift start times between (nights) 23:00 - 02:30
- Monthly pay
- Permanent 44 hour a week contract (average 48 hours worked per week)
- Essential DCPC training
- 29 days paid holiday entitlement
- Uniform provided
- Access to company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers' products
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately, and that use of any point of delivery technology is used with attention to detail
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements
- You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded
- Able to navigate your way around the UK and plan your day accordingly
- It is essential that the successfully candidates are able to work flexibly, unsupervised and in a pressurised environment
- Shunter duties may also form part of the role
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have a valid LGV Class 1 licence
- Must have a valid Driver CPC
- Must hold Digital tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on licence
- New Class 1 LGV drivers will be considered
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness skills
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible attitude to work
- Must have a good geographical knowledge
Potential Salaries (not including weekend premium):
- £31,550.52 – based on a 14:30 start, contracted 44hrs per week + unsociable hours premiums
- £32,536.92 - based on a 17:00 start, contracted 44hrs per week + unsociable hours premiums
- £33,434.22 - based on a 23:00 start, contracted 44hrs per week + unsociable hours premiums
- £31,550.52 - based on a 02:30 start, contracted 44hrs per week + unsociable hours premiums
£1.17 per hour - For hours between 18:00 - 00:00
£2.34 per hour - For hours between 00:01 - 06:00
£1.17 per hour - For weekends
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.