Customer Service Collections Officer
The Arrears Support Unit, Contact Centre Agent is a telephony-based contact centre role integral to reducing losses, increasing recovery rates long term customer value. This position is required to speak to customers through both inbound and outbound channels, collect payments and discuss appropriate repayment options based on customer circumstances. The role is also required to establish these circumstances through the completion of a Standard Financial Statement. The agent will also follow scripts where necessary to convey relevant, accurate details regarding the customer's repayment options.
- Engage customers in a timely fashion regarding repayment of mortgage arrears, collecting payments and negotiating future payment dates
- Ensure customers are aware of their obligations to make regular payments and communicate the implications of non-payment
- Provide customers with available and appropriate options to assist with repaying debt
- Processing of complex customer instructions, resolution of queries and provision of advice to internal business partners
- Follow necessary scripts to ensure relevant, accurate and compliant information is relayed to customers
- To identify and escalate potential risks and operational issues as appropriate
- Where complaints and /or errors are found, ensure that these are promptly resolved, put right and learning's taken
- Providing administrative support for the Team, e.g. provision/recording of MI, general record-keeping
- Demonstrate courage to do the right thing by delivering TCF principles and providing fair outcomes for customers in every interaction with them
- Provide administrative support for the Unit such as general record-keeping
- Capture and accurately update outcomes & actions against customer's records
Measures for Success:
- Identification of continuous improvements to service delivery, so as to improve customer service
- Identify and Offer solutions that directly satisfy and exceed the customer's expectations of service
- Individual and team performance against targets
- Quality & accuracy of work - right first time in line with given processes
- Quality of Administration / Record keeping throughout Unit
- Feedback from customers and internal business partners
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- A broad base of PC skills including Microsoft packages
- Customer service experience
- Ability to plan and organise own work-flow to meet demanding deadlines and timescales
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Experience of collections contact centre environment would be advantageous
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Flexibility to work 35 hours per week within the following time-frames - Mon to Fri 08:00 to 21:00 and Sat 09:00 to 17:00 (2 Saturdays in a 4 week cycle)
- Committed approach to achieving the ASU Vision
- Visibly display Group Values - Honesty, Desire to Succeed, Vision, Nurture and Courage
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills - e.g. leading team huddles, presenting information
- Ability to prioritise work accordingly through excellent time management, planning & organising skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Agility to flex between roles at short notice due to changing business needs
- Knowledge of loans or mortgage products
- An understanding of collections and debt management practices Training provided in systems knowledge Debt Manager, GMS, RFS, FMS
If you have what it takes, you can expect a fantastic starting salary, 33 days' holiday (pro-rata where appropriate), generous pension scheme, on-site gym and restaurant facilities and wide-ranging employee discounts. In return, you'll need a flexible approach to hours,
Pay Grade £10.51 per hour 35 hours worked over 6 days per week.
If you believe you're someone who can exceed customer expectations with every call, apply today!!
Please note that this position will involve completing online assessments and will require pre-employment screening including a credit check and two year's referencing.
Manpower is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Manpower Group UK is an equal opportunities employer.