An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Packaging Lab Technician, based at their Port Sunlight Research site. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, 37.5 hour week, paying £25,536 per annum pro rata.
Unfortunately we cannot consider candidates who have a notice period longer than 1 month to serve.
The Homecare packaging team is responsible for the design execution of all global packaging for brands such as; Persil, Comfort, Cif and Domestos.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The main job purpose is to ensure effectiveness of the packaging laboratory testing & reporting to meet all project support requirements of the Homecare packaging team whilst ensuring safety within the lab facilities is a key priority.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling activities in the lab through formalised job request system to ensure organised & prioritised planning of equipment usage.
- Ensure all laboratory data is fit for purpose in line with procedures laid down in functional excellence guidelines.
- Support the operation of rapid prototyping equipment and processes to provide teams with high quality prototypes, to accelerate project development.
- Ensure the laboratory housekeeping standards are upheld.
- Provide support to deliver testing program, including identifying opportunities to streamline processes.
- Provide clear and accurate measurement & testing reports, with clear conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide problem solving technique & options to assess findings of packaging testing.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to and training requirements are kept up to date.
- Minimum A level, with science or engineering background.
- Formal packaging qualifications beneficial but not essential
- Laboratory experience either gained from university or industry
- Experience / appreciation in Packaging and/or Engineering/Manufacturing
- Experience in laboratory testing and using equipment
- Fluent PC skills including Excel, Powerpoint & Word
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand tolerances beneficial