Up to £29,862.40 per annum
Wincanton are looking for Class 1 drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Rochdale carrying out a mixture of deliveries for our Asda contract, following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19.
* £26,900 per annum with shift premiums taking your earnings to over £29,862
* £11.83 per hour
* Tuesday to Saturday
* Average 2 store deliveries and pickups per day
* 43.75 hours per week
* Start times between 1700 and 1900
* Overtime paid at £12.86
* £13.59 per hour - weekends
* £13.09 per hour - between 1800 and 0600
* £14.85 per hour - weekends between 1800 and 0600
Potential earnings - up to £29,862.40 per annum - based on working Tuesday to Saturday starting at 1800
Duties will include delivering chilled goods to stores across Greater Manchester as well picking up empty cages, dollies and pallets to be returned to the distribution centre. There may also be occasional opportunities to deliver to distribution centres via a double decker lorry.
* 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
* Onsite gym
* Canteen facilities
* 10% Asda discount
* Drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and professional manner in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislation
* Comply with the vehicle security and standing procedure at all times
* Carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to the operation of any vehicle, reporting any defects immediately
* Report any delivery issues or exceptions in a timely manner
* This role ability to self-manage and use initiative for solving problems
* Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
* Must hold a valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
* Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience
* Previous experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage
* Previous retail delivery experience be an advantage
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work.
* Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
Due to the nature of the work this role is physically demanding, and heavy manual handling is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.