An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Requirement Planner to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (to work from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months (with the possibility that this could be extended), working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £32800 - 38K pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
In its most basic function, the Supply Chain Planning Team creates the best possible demand signal to enable our factories to produce the right stock, at the right time, and deliver it to the right place. In doing so, we maximise Customer Service with the greatest forecast accuracy and minimal inventory holding. We have vacancies for pivotal roles within our Planning teams.
As a Requirements Planner (RP) you are the interface between the Sales Organisation and the Factory. Primarily, the RP's main responsibility is the fine-tuning of the demand signal, flagging risks to the Factory, providing information on short term supply issues to the Sales Teams, weighing up trade-offs and taking decisions.
RP's ensure stock levels are consistently within safe parameters and are heavily involved in the New Product Introduction process, having responsibility for much of the initial master data setup and data flow.
- You will be from an industrial and/or FMCG background and will be able to absorb, analyse and influence across the breadth of the business.
- You are a confident Excel user and are able to understand and interpret large amounts of data
- Strong commitment to Customer Service and Planning, and a thorough understanding of the impact of your activity on the company and the customer's businesses.
- Strong analytical skills and key emphasis on the requirement to undertake root cause analysis and rigorously implement improvement action plans in order to continually develop the robustness of processes linked to Planning and Customer Service
- Can work well under pressure
- An effective team player - excellent communication skills
- Have an ability to challenge situations, constantly seeking improvements or process changes.
- Takes immense satisfaction when you see the product on the shelf
- First point of contact for UKIRE business for any supply related queries whether it is directly from Customers or internal stake holders
- Proactive use of supply and forecasting information to manage the supply chain at optimum cost and customer service
- Follow up of production plans with Sourcing Units and ensure E2E visibility of the forecast.
- Regular contact with Customer Account Managers to ensure accuracy of short term forecast and our ability to supply
- Manage stock availability and stock movements, particularly in times of constraint - both for own remit and co-ordination on behalf of the team,
- Obsolete management (avoidance); identify obsolete risks, initiate, and follow through required actions to avoid obsoletes.
- Supporting NPD launches