Manpower is currently recruiting for a Night-Time Porter to work on a fixed term 1-year contract. The successful candidate will be required to work on a 4 on, 4 off rotating shift pattern for 12 hours per shift from 18.30pm - 06.30am across Monday to Sunday, overtime is occasionally available. This role is based in the Lodge and will provide the 'excellent first impression' of the Centre to students, staff, and visitors. This is a key role requiring a smart, confident, and resourceful individual willing to be customer focused yet maintaining the safety and security of the Centre. There may be occasions where the Night-time Porter is scheduled to workdays with due notice.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide a high level of customer service when dealing with guests entering the Centre including students, Fellows, conference delegates, visitors and guests and respond to all enquiries in a professional manner.
- Answer all calls to the Centre telephone line or when visitors arrive at the Lodge professionally, dealing with all enquiries and forwarding messages accurately.
- Provide an effective and efficient reception service for accommodation, ensuring all keys/key fobs are managed correctly and guests assisted to their accommodation.
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail including parcels etc, franking outgoing mail, handling all deliveries received and forwarding accordingly.
- Provide portering support to the Centre by moving furniture and equipment, setting up rooms, helping to provide teas & coffees, cloakroom services, guiding people, placing signage, removing waste and rubbish both internally and externally, turning off lights and equipment.
- Oversee the security within Centre premises whilst still allowing public access including notifying and liaising with appropriate internal/external agencies i.e. Home Bursar, Senior Porter, police, University Security should the need arise.
- Be fully conversant with the Centre Alarm systems, including Fire, CCTV, maintenance alarms and security and be able to respond to any incident arising. Act as Fire Marshall when required.
- Monitor CCTV in Lodge recording and reporting of all incidents in accordance with the Centre's CCTV Policy and in accordance with GDPR and other legislation. To utilise the CCTV systems to ensure the security of the site perimeter.
- Responsible for issuing and receiving keys, cards and fobs and maintaining accurate records, including changing of batteries on doors when need arises. Operate the keyless entry system, issuing and cancelling fobs and maintaining the system security.
- Patrol the Centre grounds, locking/unlocking gates/doors, managing visitors parking and public access to the Mosque and removal of unwanted visitors if the need arises.
Health and Safety
- Provide First Aid as appropriate to the incident and liaise with other agencies. Provide reports and carry out investigations if required.
- Receiving and vetting all visitors to the College and issuing permits and contractor's passes in accordance with the Lodge SOPs to ensure compliance with Health & Safety requirements. Provide Contractors initial safety induction when no Estates staff available.
- Implement emergency procedures should the need arise, including lock down and evacuation.
- Complete any safety related tasks such as winter gritting, barrier control, crowd management required to ensure the Centre's H&S Policy is implemented.
- Act as the main out of hours contact point whilst on duty for all areas of Centre, calling out estates maintenance or contractors or submitting maintenance faults.
- Use Microsoft Office packages efficiently and effectively, which will also include using internet and intranet system.
- Ensure all Lodge administrative tasks and reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure appropriate valuable item protocol is applied so that the safe contents including
Essential Skills & Requirements
- SIA Licence - must be able to pass the criteria before employment is confirmed.
- First Aid qualification - or must be able to pass the course within 6 months of appointment.
- Confident, friendly, and helpful manner.
- Physically fit, as the role involves lifting and carrying.
- Good IT skills and the ability to learn to use specific IT systems.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the Centre.
- SIA CCTV Licence - or willingness to undertake training.
- Fire safety qualification.
In return my client offers, £21,814 per annum, meals are provided on duty, contributory pension scheme, 26 days (pro rata) holiday per annum, inclusive public holidays and a uniform will be provided and must be worn while on duty.