A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip company are looking to recruit a Goods In Operative/FLT based in Milton Keynes. This is a full-time on-going temporary role paying £9.80 per hour working Monday to Friday 45 hours a week 7.00am - 4.00pm but must be flexible, over time rates included.
**You must provide your own Steel Toecap Boots and Hi Viz**
We are looking for an Operative to join our Goods In team, managing the inbound container shipments and stock put-away process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out any activities related to the running of the Warehouse Operation including Goods In, Product Put-away and Storage, Stock investigations and site cleaning.
- Operate all warehouse equipment and systems where adequate training has been provided and authorised by Line Management.
- Meet productivity targets set for each warehouse activity given.
- Support and contribute to the Health & Safety culture on site by supporting the hygiene program/clean as you go program and encouraging others to follow suit
- Ensure your attendance and timekeeping, including break times, meet Company regulations.
- Maintain all equipment, uniform and PPE issued in good condition.
- That Company Health & Safety standards are enforced and upheld throughout the warehouse and associated areas, and that any infringement is halted and reported immediately to the appropriate Line Manager.
- The warehouse and facilities are maintained in a clean and orderly manner and corrective action taken where necessary.
- Carry out all duties in a responsible and polite manner showing due regard and respect to all other members of staff and management of TIGI, our Customers and all other persons that you may come into contact with in completing your duties and/or representing the Company.
- Attend Annual Stock Take that may occur over a weekend until the count is completed.
- Must have an FLT licence
- Hard working and conscientious with a flexible approach to work
- Previous warehouse experience in a FMCG environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in a warehouse environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Knowledge about Oracle system will be beneficial but not required as full training will be given
- Technically competent in Microsoft Office and warehouse software packages, with good numerical skills
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to improve current operating procedures
- Commitment to customer service