Electrical Academic Tutor
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, GB, CV4 8GP
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit an Electrical Academic Tutor to join our team in Coventry.
The main purpose of your role will be to carry out curriculum programmes and electrical academic delivery in relation to qualifications within rail engineering.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out instruction for classes
- Mark all work and provide feedback to students
- Produce schemes of work, lesson plans and course materials
- Ensure all appropriate teaching resources are available for delivery
- Write student progress reports
- Manage student performance
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures relating to Babcock and Westwood campus
- Ensure all delivery complies with all internal and external quality measures
What do I need to do the role?
- You'll need to hold a Level 4 Engineering qualification and have an electrical engineering background
- You must have strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication abilities to be able to deliver teaching effectively
- A teaching qualification is desirable, however we will provide training and sponsorship for Assessing and Teaching qualifications if required
What else do I need to know?
- This is a full time permanent position working 5 days a week Monday-Friday
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.