Manpower are currently recruiting for a Class 2 Day Drivers to join an expanding team and will go Temp to Perm assignments.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Co-operate fully with the Company to fulfil its legal obligations and develop a positive safety culture by taking care of driver's own Health & Safety, and that of anyone affected by his/her actions, as well as reporting any hazards/ defects or shortcomings in Health and Safety to line management.
- Be fit and available to drive all company commercial vehicles for which they are suitably trained.
- Deliver company product in a safe, effective, efficient manner and in accordance with acceptable Customer Service Standards.
- Be fully aware of the major risks and be compliant with safety procedures which apply on all company owned and customer sites to avoid safety incidents.
- Provide accurate written and numerical information as necessary when completing company documentation.
- Report all vehicle, tank, customer, third party and personal injuries or damage to line management, with particular emphasis on vehicle defect forms.
- Undertake any training required to meet appropriate legislative or business requirements.
- Operate within the law and in accordance with company policies, procedures and instructions at all times.
- The job holder is responsible for co-operating fully with the Company in fulfilling its legal obligations, under the Health & Safety at Work Act and for carrying out his/her duties as laid down in the Company's Health & Safety Policy document.
- Carry out additional tasks that in the judgement of management are within the job holder's capabilities and are required to meet the needs of the business.
The successful candidate:
- Must hold a current LGV 2 driving licence
- You should be fully conversant with tachographs and driver hour's legislation, in addition to the details contained within LGV drivers manual.
- You will also need to demonstrate a high level of safety awareness at all times.
- Customer focused, you should have a flexible approach to your hours of work and be prepared to work weekends and public holidays as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Be provided with full training and PPE
- Working on first shift Monday to Friday
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself
Full training and additional courses will be funded for the successful drivers.
If this sounds like you, please apply! We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.